Using a balloon to suspend your live or dead bait allows you to “float” baits out to different areas and cover more water. Our balloons are biodegradable and environmentally friendly. Assorted colors. 8-pack
Rite Angler Live Bait Balloons
A balloon rig allows you to fish multiple lines at a set depth and can get you lines away from the boat or whatever location you're fishing from offshore or inshore.
Fishing with balloons is similar to bobber fishing, fishing with a cork, or kite fishing, but balloon fishing has a few distinct advantages.
- Using a balloon to suspend your live or dead bait allows you to “float” baits out to different areas and cover more water. You can get a balloon out much further than a traditional bobber. They can even be used to float you bait hundreds of yards off a jetty or the beach.
- Easily control the depth of your live or dead bait. Great when fishing where there is a rocky bottom or anywhere you need the bait at a specific depth to avoid snags.
- The hook set is better with live bait balloons. The larger surface area creates more resistance when a fish strikes and pulls it down.
- Balloons move across the water faster than a bobber, creating the lifelike movement of a baitfish.
- Great for night fishing. Easily insert a glow stick into the balloon.
- Bright colored balloons stand out and are more visible than bobbers or corks.
- Much cheaper than kite fishing and requires no extra equipment.
Once you understand the full potential and versatility of this type of float rig you'll be hooked!
Check out all our rigging gear: [su_button url="https://charliesworms.com/product-category/saltwater/rigging-saltwater/" background="#3c9d52" color="#ffffff" icon="icon: arrow-right" text_shadow="0px 0px 0px #999" title="rigging" id="rigging"]SHOP RIGGING SUPPLIES[/su_button]